[3830] WPX CW PJ4A(K4BAI) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jun 3 08:51:36 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: PJ4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bonaire, Neth Ant

   40: 1489

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP Mark V, AL1200, 1 KW output maximum, C3, C31XR, 2 element 40M yagi, 80M
dipole, 160M inverted L.  First trip to the Bonaire QTH alone.  Really like the
single op category, but hate to spend a week or so totally alone.  Probable
didn't quite manage the off times for maximum efficiency.  Slept a bit too long
Sunday morning and had to use up operating time and QRT with about 45 minutes
left in the contest.  I thought that 40M was about to get good again when I had
to QRT, but kept the receiver on while beginning taking down the equipment and
it didn't seem to get much better. I think activity didn't pick up toward the
end as I had expected,  The station played very well.  We had had good European
openings on 15, 12, and 10 for sevferal days before the oontest and this
continued through Saturday.  The high bands bands were not as good on Sunday.
The Sunday rates dropped off on all bands as usual.  Low bands were a bit noisy
I was never able to get good runs started on 80 and no one ever answered a CQ on
160.  Only six bander was with NQ4I, coincidentally and without sked or
prearrangement.  Thanks for all QSOs.  QSLs for PJ4A and PJ4/K4BAI may be sent
via K4BAI.  Congrats to UA3DX at EF8M for a FB score!  73, John, K4BAI.