[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0IO SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 7 18:56:56 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0IO
Operator(s): K0IO
Station: K0IO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IA

   10:    8     2
-------------------
Total:  407   196  Total Score = 239,216

Club: Newton ARA

Comments:

Ugh! I'm a newbie at this phone stuff.

Use a single 60 ft pole with wires plus a ground-mounted R-8. I was able to
break most piles in a few calls. Some with one.  Some with 100-watts when I
didn't have time to tune the amp. I dump the call in so that "Oscar" or "Ocean"
is the last thing the running station hears in the pile. Found out my "Zero"
sounds like a "three" sometimes. Anyway VK3IO told me we should get double
points for working each other.

I was afraid people would confuse K0IO with 5-9 Italy Alpha and log me as K0IA,
but that wasn't a problem -- I now emphasize the state as I-O wa. or 5-9 Italy
Alpha both of which seem to work.

-- John