[3830] ARRLDX SSB GM3PPG(G4BYB) SOSB/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Mar 12 02:59:41 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: GM3PPG
Operator(s): G4BYB
Station: GM3PPG

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: North Uist

   80: 1123    58
Total: 1123    58  Total Score = 195,402

Operated from the NW tip of North Uist in NW Europe.  My SRT = 0711z.
Great contest again but poorer condx than last year.
This year the first night condx were better for me and stayed open to 0800z.
Highlight was working VE8EV in NWT who was a lot stronger than last year.
Also, I was still hearing KH6LC up to about 1130.  He was completely Q5 but
strength zero at this quiet location.  The second night remained workable till
0730z.  Condx. seemed better on the third night. Great to work 58 mult.
Missed MT (heard), ND, YU, LB and NUN.  Signals from the West coast were quite
weak this year to NW Europe, and probably v. difficult for Eastern Eu.
Great to work K0HP in western SD on last night 10mins before the end, but still
no ND !
Thanks for all the QSO's.  It's a pleasure to work USA and Canadian stations.
Used same set up as last year :
Rig :  FT990 and Acom amp.  Ant. : 6square by ocean.
       QTH :  North Uist island, Outer Hebrides, Scotland.