[3830] Commonwealth VU2CDP Open-24 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 14 06:31:47 PDT 2010

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VU2CDP
Operator(s): VU2CDP
Station: VU2CDP

Class: Open-24 LP
QTH: Mumbai
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  80  Total Score = 1,185

My first BERU and it was definitely lived up to my expectations. Got to work
some AF stns for all time new ones as well as a few others. Unfortunately had
only a 40m inverted Vee, and S9 QRN to contend with. The Vee loaded up pretty
well on 15mts but on others the tuner let me down. Just couldn't get it to tune
on 20 and 10 thus missing out on huge number of points. Another mishap was SDC
messing up serials and deleting QSOs. This meant I was back to old fashioned
ham radio on Sunday- manual sending and paper logging. Nevertheless, enjoyed
being part of a fun contest and hope to work you all in the next BERU. 73!