[3830] Commonwealth P3J(5B4AHJ) Open-24 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 15 02:32:58 PDT 2010

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: P3J
Operator(s): 5B4AHJ
Station: 5B4AHJ

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: Pafos District

Total:  958  Total Score = 9,350

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

like others who have reported, this was my best-ever score in BERU, beating my
previous best (2009) by over 1200 pts (subject to adjudication).
Great to find 15m open so well, who would have expected that I'd have more QSOs
on 15m than on 40m! There was a great 10m opening to VK on Sunday morning, which
lasted from 0530z until the end of the contest. Worked several VK2, VK4, VK6 on
the band. These were the first VK signals I'd heard on 10m for 3 years (also
heard many JAs). Another nice one was Mike, VP8NO.
My score was seriously affected this year by my inadequate antennas for 40m &
80m.
I only have low inverted vees, and found these bands very hard going this
year.
Nevertheless, a most enjoyable contest!