[3830] WiQP N8II SO Fixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 17 07:07:30 PDT 2010

                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:
   80:   35     23
   40:   64     25
   20:   13      1
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  112     49  Mults = 54  Total Score = 22,113.0

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was up a bit late, helped around the house, worked lots of mobiles on the
county hunters nets, and had to walk "K9DOG" all before the WIQP. K9DOG must
have roots in IN or IL, because he wasn't a bit interested in getting back to
the shack in time for WIQP. I started just past 1730Z and until 2045, it was
very frustratring. Daylight was not my friend! 20 was very marginal to WI at
1730 and was closed except for a few backscatter Q's by 1830Z and 40 was open,
but I was just too far away from all of those neighbors in WI, IN, IL, OH, and
MN working each other to be heard well, especially on SSB. Some of the mobiles
on 40 CW were not audible. By 21Z, all was well, but the battle was lost and
mobile activity on 40 was low the last couple of hours despite skip still being
quite short. My running ability was even minimal on 75 with most of the WI ops
having their fun running guys. I backed of the throttle around 2020Z and took a
half hour off, then took another hour for dinner and the NCAA show. The good
news is the sports pundants have my alma mater, WVU, going to the Final Four,
fingers croseed! Mobile and fixed activity was pretty good and I'm glad you
guys in the Midwest like us are finally past an awful winter, temp will be near
70 here Friday and Saturday!