[3830] NewEngQP W1XX Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 3 04:01:34 PDT 2010

                    New England QSO Party

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: RI

------------------------
Total:    345      253  Mults = 75  Total Score = 70,725

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

I had originally planned to go mobile this time around...but a bad cold made me
think better of it.  Wanting to try something different I thought I'd make a
run at the 50K QRP record. I anticipated lots of S & P, and that worked when
working the 7s in the 7QP...but when calling DX I was usually beat out by
everyone else.  So I went back to going up in frequency where I would be in the
clear, calling CQ, and pretending I had a big signal. That approach seemed to
work for most of the rest of the contest. Had a nice run on 40 SSB starting
just before midnight and 20 CW at the end of the contest to the west coast. 15
and 10 produced a few DX multipliers. Running QRP can be frustrating though
like when I called UN9L about 25 times and he couldn't hear me...it was
surprising though what you can do running QRP...as along as you have pretty
good antennas.  Even though condx seemed not the best, overall, it was a good
contest.  73!

-- John, W1XX