[3830] CQWW SSB XE2AC SOSB/10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 22:40:40 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: XE2AC
Operator(s): XE2AC
Station: XE2AC

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: DL81uv

   10:  395    22       47

Club: DXXE

Comments:

Rig : FT-1000MP + AL-800H @ 500 ~ 800 Watts

         Antennas :  Moded Crossbow 3 elements monobander yagi @ 13 meters
height, fixed to EU.
                     Moded Maco 3 elements monobander yagi @ 25 Mts height
                     Vertical tribander dipole, roof mounted @ 8 Metrs height

          Soapbox : A lot of fun, despite being exhausted after climbing my
tower four times during the test.
                    The above, to prepare, raise and tune the recently
converted 3 ele monobander yagi.

		    Of course, I missed about 3 hours of a precious opening during my local
saturday morning.

                    Nevertheless, I consider it a worthwile investment for the
upcoming contests.
		    This allowed me to get rotability and greater gain than the lower fixed
yagi.

			Highlights: 	- working long path VR2ZQZ/P and AH2R, during my sunday
morning.
					- logging -first time ever, eight ZS stations (sunday morning)
					- managed to work 2 EU stations
					- very short opening -canadian and State side, on sunday morning.
					- last two hours yielded only 10 qsos, although enriched by 4
multipliers.
					- being called by 6V7T, 5W0KY.
					- Loudest signal heard, goes to 3D2A, he was 59 +40
				          (one our before the end of the contest)

N1MM logger (latest version) worked flawlessly