[3830] CQWW SSB P40B(KE5OG) SOSB/40 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Nov 3 09:39:10 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: P40B
Operator(s): KE5OG
Station: P40B

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  817    26       77
   20:    0     0        0
   15:    0     0        0
   10:    0     0        0

What great fun. My first time to operate from P4. It's quite a change from West
Texas.

I was warned about the difficulty of running on 40 meters using low power and
the warnings were true. It was tough. Friday night was fun with several long
runs from stateside stations. Saturday was a whole new ballgame. Except for a
couple of short European runs I could not get anything going regardless of
where I tried to operate. Saturday night and Sunday became hunts for mults. I
came up way short of my goals, but did about as well as I could.

Thanks to Robert, W5AJ, for inviting me to participate with him. And Carl,
P49V/AI6V, for the use of his great contest QTH. Supporting us also was JP,
P43A.

One of the highlights of the trip is the Sunday night dinner. I had the
opportunity to meet and visit with Andy P49Y/AE6Y, Scott P40Q/K0DQ and his wife
Donna, Ed, P40N/N4OC, and John, P40W/W2GD. Those guys turned in some huge
scores.