[3830] JIDX SSB K7ZO(@NK7U) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 14 14:52:57 PST 2010

                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: K7ZO
Operator(s): K7ZO
Station: NK7U

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  202    41  Total Score = 8,282

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

One of the four Single Op, Single Band efforts from NK7U this weekend. This one
fell short of breaking the existing High Power North America SOSB 20M record of
9,976 points. The good openings from Japan on 10 and 15 this weekend probably
conspired to divert JA operator attention away from 20M until after the band
was closed for us. Breaking this record will be tough now that 10 and 15 are
showing life again. We actually worked more JA's on 20M last year in a multi-op
effort when we spent less time on 20M than we did this tim. Antennas were a 5
element monobander and a 3 stack of C31's.  Thanks to all those that visited
20M and gave me a QSO.

Thanks to Tack, JE1CKA, and the rest of the JIDX team and plaque sponsors for
putting on a great contest. They have some of the best looking plaques around.

Scott/K7ZO