[3830] SS SSB WN6K Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Nov 25 17:52:35 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another season of SS in the book.  Conditions were a bit of a disappointment in
that 15M was hot but closed early and there was not much elbow room on 20M.
Could not find mults I needed calling CQ and no 'holes' to hide in to call
myself.

Went to 40M early both days as a result and just could not be heard on 80
except for SV and SJV (lots and lots of them but they were worked on 40M.  A
funny comment from WY3P when I worked him on 40M at 2241 UTC - and remarked
"Are you an Alpha - ???) Guess it was early to expecting a water pistol on 40
with so much sun on either end.

Fell way short on both QSO number as well as Mults...missed NT,PR, WCF????, and
THREE CA's - SB,ORG & LAX.  Guessing that skip was too long for me.

CQWW CW will be a 1/2 time effort due to 'Thanksgiving' family stuff being
drawn out for the weekend plus a five day trip away from home next week for
'work'.

73, Paul - WN6K