[3830] CaQP N1CC SOFixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 3 15:26:25 PDT 2010

                    California QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: North Texas

  160:    6      0
   80:   59     18
   40:   50     21
   20:   86     74
   15:   22     15
--------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

New Alpha-Delta DX-LB at 40 feet apex wtih ends at 10 feet.  New homebrew
multi-wire dipole at 30 feet.  Vertical out of action waiting MFJ repair to
damanged remote tuner.

Band conditions did not favor Northeast Texas.  20 ws the best band however
during the 1700-2000 time each day the EU. KH6, and KL7 stations were stronger
than the W6-Land folks.  Took many calls as we were obviiously quite a bit down
from those locations there.

Was not able to run any band any time.  Usually by Sunday I can run 20 or 15 cw
or phone, and that was not to happen this time around.  Skip appeared to not
favor our half-way point at any time.

Only heard 51-counties, and those were contacted.  My old K6SXX home county of
Siskiyou was not heard... and most counties on the miss list were up in the
northland, reflecting possibly propagation combined with few target stations on
the air.

Want to do a study of the packet spots - since no packet in use here this year
- true SO-LP operation, see when the rare ones were spotted if they were.

Looking for better propagation for 2011!

73, Jim