[3830] CaQP KL5DX(@KL7AA) M/SFixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 3 15:34:56 PDT 2010

                    California QSO Party

Call: KL5DX
Operator(s): N5XZ, KL7Z, KL7LW
Station: KL7AA

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: ANCHORAGE, AK

  160:
   80:   46     10
   40:   87     22
   20:  128    230
   15:   35     80
--------------------

Club: Alaska Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Elecraft K3
Amp: Acom 2000A
Ant: Cushcraft A-3 @ 40ft; SteppIR Vertical 40/80
Logged with N1MM

This contest was really fun, conditions improved considerably from the TQP of
the previous week. 15 meters was the best I have heard it from here in a long
time. Noise and antenna issues are always a problem here, especially when I set
off the fire alarm multiple times on 80 meters. In addition, there was so much
RF in the shack on 80 that it remapped my keyboard twice, until I finally had
disconnect the keyboard from the laptop. Hmmm...we gotta fix that! Only missed
one county (SHAS) which I heard most other missed as well. KL7Z also did a bit
of operating as well as his wife, KL7LW. I showed a few others so maybe some
future contesters???