[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 2 21:09:56 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 3

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   3      1
   80:   5      2
   40:  14     12
   20:  22     17
Total:  44     32  Total Score = 1,408

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A Locust SO1.1R QLF night to be sure ;-(  Too many same-signal strength,
zero-beat stations calling lately!

VE4XT:  Sorry I QLF typed XK, Kelly, but sounds like you have one of those
thrills up your leg (as the TV Newscaster said during the elections) with your
IC-7000 control head by the keyboard.  I have the THREE TS-480 Control Heads
next to my keyboard and it's like being in an airplane cockpit :^)

It is really great to have so many new folks showing up, but really strange to
have a night where I don't work N3BB, K0AD, N4OGW, K1GU and other O.T.
Regulars.  Maybe we need to go to a full hour?

Nice to see some other NCCC folks out here show up tonight, but that digital
junk on 40m is getting out of hand. IMHO, there is no reason why these folks
need to encroach so far down into the CW segment of the band ... especially
when 7040 has been the well established centerpoint frequency for many CW
contests and State QSO parties.  Maybe it's time to ask the ARRL to get
involved to help facilitate a gentleperson's agreement for the digital folks to
stay higher up in the band(s).

Regarding next week:

PLEASE S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T MORE (Especially on 40m/80m)
PLEASE S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T MORE (Especially on 40m/80m)
PLEASE S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T MORE (Especially on 40m/80m)
PLEASE S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T MORE (Especially on 40m/80m)
PLEASE S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T MORE (Especially on 40m/80m)
PLEASE S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T MORE (Especially on 40m/80m)
PLEASE S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T MORE (Especially on 40m/80m)

73 & Tnx for the Q's and Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust