[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Sep 16 21:14:34 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 17

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   2      1
   80:   8      4
   40:  15     12
   20:  13      9
Total:  38     26  Total Score = 988

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

What are the odds that the first eight stns will be on the wrong side of the
couplet?  I guess higher than I thought. Finally worked a station at +5 mins. .
rhythm was off and never regained the confidence needed to reach decent numbers.
As bad as this score is. . it's not the lowest.

My 160m visual SO2R worked tho . . put up a separate RX antenna for 160 and
watched the band scope out of the corner of my eye.  Sure enough, there was a
signal popping out of the noise and it was w0yk, followed n6ro to complete the
couplet.  Can't use the tx antenna to receive, because it's half the feedline
and one horizontal section of the 40/80 m dipole (40m de Zepp).

Couple new stations, n6vos for one  . . welcome.

73 Bill n6zfo