[3830] CQ WW RTTY K2DBK SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 26 17:57:01 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K2DBK
Operator(s): K2DBK
Station: K2DBK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NJ

   80:   73   102       30      13     8
   40:  184   341       39      42    13
   20:  190   430       29      53    18
   15:   77   165       12      30    12
   10:    5    13        1       5     4
Total:  529  1051      111     143    55  Total Score = 324,759

I'll have to go back through a bunch of logs, but I think this may be my highest
score/most QSOs in any contest. Things worked out pretty well and I was able to
spend almost double the amount of time I typically spend for a weekend contest.
I started Friday and mostly went to 40 and 80 because of the time and because
20m was so packed I had a tough time separating stations. I did a lot better on
40m and then later on 80m, getting some moderate runs on both bands. By Saturday
afternoon 20m was a bit easier (fewer stations plus I spent a bit of time
tweaking my filters so I could discern stations that were closer) and that
helped my QSO count. I worked until about 3AM local both Friday and Saturday
night, so slept in on Sunday. (I'm getting too old!) I was able to pick up a
bunch of mults on Sunday, mostly on 15m. I worked just a handful on 10, then
spent most of my time on 20 then moved down to 40 towards the end. I think the
one mistake that I made was to stay on 40 a bit too long on Sunday, I should
have moved down to 80 where I probably would have been able to run (mostly
locals, but a Q is a Q), but otherwise I'm pretty happy how things worked out.