[3830] CQ WW RTTY KR1ST SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 26 17:58:09 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ladson, SC

   80:   76   104       31      12     8
   40:  189   371       38      43    11
   20:  219   533       29      52    17
   15:   74   191       10      44    16
   10:   15    39        2       9     9
Total:  573  1238      110     160    61  Total Score = 409,778

Club: Ban the tree rats!

Comments:

Rig: IC-756ProIII
Pwr: 100W
Ant: 10,15,20,40m: 46ft doublet @52ft E/W
     10,15,20m: 33ft doublet @40ft N/S
     80m: 160m Inverted L with a trap for 80m, apex @57ft, 20-some radials
          Inverted V apex @55ft

When I started on Friday night I thought it was unusually hard to work EU on
40m and 20m while this should be a breeze. The MQ-26 mini beam at 32 ft did
better on 20m than the E/W wire. When I checked the E/W antenna on Saturday
morning I found that squirrels had chewed through one onf the supporting ropes
for the second time in two weeks. So I got to spend some time with the trees.

The conditions seemed fair to me, although I'd have liked to see some better
opening on 15 and 10. I think this is the longest time I ever put into a
contest. I don't know how you guys who sit at the rig for 24 or 48 hours
straight do it.

It was a nice opening of the contest season. See ya'll next time.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com
http://www.airlinkexpress.org