[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3TN SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 27 03:57:45 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MD

   80:   33           19        8     6
   40:   58           26       18    15
   20:   74           11       43    14
   15:   62            7       33    14
Total:  227  580      63      102    48  Total Score = 104,004

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I recognize the skill it takes to operate a RTTY contest and to have a station
to withstand RTTY contesting but I'm still finding it hard to really like RTTY
contests. Especially the CQ WW version where there really isn't any exchange to
copy, outside of state for NA contacts. You can also tell it is the WW version -
seems like the only RTTY contest where its really hard for a pipsqueak station
to establish a run on a band open to EU.

That said, fun having 15m open pretty much every time I got on during daylight,
which was limited. The band was solid deedle deedle deedle from .060 to .125.