[3830] CQ WW RTTY W6ONV SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 27 08:22:01 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W6ONV
Operator(s): W6ONV
Station: W6ONV

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Oakley CA

   20:  333  514      49      44    21
Total:  333  514      49      44    21  Total Score = 58,596

It was until I was about 2 hours into the CQWW that I made the decision to
operate SOSB on 20M. Not sure why, maybe it's the frustration I face on 40/80M
with the vertical in a very limited space.

At any rate I started off the contest with 2 of my best hours of running a
frequency ever with a 57 rate, followed by a 67 rate. I was still making
contacts to the East Coast after the sun went down, but never really had much
lucky with the JAs.

Saturday morning I started early, the rate never material for the time I spent.
It was more lucrative to attempt working the EU stations, which I did in S&P.
Unfortunately a schedule appointment turned into an unscheduled trip to the ER,
which put an end to the contest.

Regardless, it was still a great time!