[3830] CQWW CW JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Dec 13 20:16:53 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JA1BPA,JG1VGX,JI1ACI
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kimitsu City, CHIBA

  160:    2     2        2
   80:  104    22       46
   40: 1125    35      101
   20:  533    33      100
   15:  807    36      115
   10:  709    37      122

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

First serious M/S effort in several years at JG1ZUY.

The propagation on 10/15mb was much better than the year before, although 10mb
was not as good toward Europe as it was during the SSB leg (we used JM1LPN for
SSB).  With very limited low band antennas, we had expected a rather boring
night, but 40mb turned out to be a pleasant surprise!  We had decent runs
during the whole local night on 40mb until the sunrise.

We faced a difficult decision of which band to be operating on, with one
amplifier having blown up and the multiplier station had to be on barefoot.
Hope to do better next year.

Thank you for all QSOs.  The log has been uploaded to eQSL and LoTW, and paper
QSLs will soon be sent out via GlobalQSL.

73,
Icko, JA1BPA

JG1ZUY Antennas:
10mb: 7ele Mono-band Yagi @20mH