[3830] TBDC K7SS Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 18 07:41:27 PST 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: wa

Total:  QSOs = 44  Total Score = 507

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

A nice genteel event at the end of the 2011 contest season...

Nothing like QRP on top band to settle the nerves....after 2 CQ world-wides, 2
ARRL sweepstakes, and an ARRL 10m and JIDX in the last 8 weekends.

Some very fine antennae out there..

The GREAT-EARS BLUE RIBBONS go to KH6LC and KH7X to the west, K9CT to the east,
KU5B to the southeast, and WL7E to the north.

Circle of workable stations generally was UT/CO to East, VE7 to the North, the
Bay Area to the South, and KH6 to the West.   Many calls to AZ, Southern CA,
W9s W5s unanswered.

KUDOS to those that can actually hear and work 5w stations calling them, and I
believe this is one of those rare contests that actually REWARDS the COPYING
station for being able to log a QRP station!.... well done, rule-writers !
great idea.... we all know that the hard work is being done on the RX side of
the QSO.

Always a treat working nearby W7DRA, who was running 3 watts, with vintage
gear. Its possible I might get 2nd place in West Seattle.  Let the log checking
begin ...:-)

Thanks to the Boring Amateur Radio Club for a fine gentlemanly radio evening.
tu Tree.

73 and here's hoping we can all gather again next December, on one of the
longest nights of the year, in the annual TBDC. Happy and healthy 2012 to all.

Danny K7SS

ic756proII, inv L. 1.5 radials.