[3830] TBDC EA2LU Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Dec 20 13:47:04 PST 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: EA2LU
Operator(s): EA2LU
Station: EA2LU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN92ET

Total:  QSOs = 221  Total Score = 965

Hi All,
After some years, I taken the desicion to work the "Stew Perry" within a week,
then, I used a simple setup:Only small RX shielded loop (not time to lying
Beverages)my venerable FT1000D and on TX side 500W from small PA feeding my
"lossy" shunt feed tower (perhaps the worst part of the installation), all
thogether was not the best recipe for big numbers, but it was very funny to
heard old friends, and work some DX too, mainly UA9s and NA east coast big
guns. My best DX was k9RX into DM41 for a 9.000Km distance.
Unfortunately weather was not very cooperative and time to time I had a very
high noise due rain and snow storms, that prevented me hearing anything due
S9+30db noise level.
I want to thank all those called me for your patience and sorry all those I was
unable to copy.
Also Thanks to BARC for keep this interesting contest live and growing.
I wish all you and yours Merry Christmas and Happy new Year 2012!
See you next year.
73
Jorge
EA2LU