[3830] TBDC PA5KT(@PI4Z) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Dec 20 14:29:55 PST 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: PA5KT
Operator(s): PA5KT
Station: PI4Z

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 247  Total Score = 1,011

I started late, had some family things to do. Heard some JA but decided to run
self. Worked some eastern Russian stations, UA0OD was far east with 15 points.
Most western station N5UL, good for 17 points.

VY2ZM was first NA at 2124. In the beginning of the night the signals were
strong so I had hope for a nice contest. Unfortunately this was not happening.
Signals did disappear and finally I managed to work around 30 NA stations,
which is far below expectation. Did try PJ2T and KV4FZ but gave up because I
could not copy them enough to make sure we had a valid qso.
RBN data shows that I was regularely spotted by NA skimmers till around 04:00,
then only 3 spots. EU skimmers spotted me till 06:00.

After all not so an exiting contest. Lets hope the cq 160 will bring us better
conditions.

Equipment: K3, Alpha 374A, 22m top loaded vertical, beverage dir NA.