[3830] ARRLDX CW SO2O(SQ2GXO) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 21 05:36:00 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: SO2O
Operator(s): SQ2GXO
Station: SP2FAX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kolaczkowo

   10:    6     6
-------------------
Total: 2603   228  Total Score = 1,776,348

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Strong winds at SP2FAX QTH took down one of 15m yagis and made some other
damages one week before contest.
Fortunately Kaz and the crew made necessary repairs. Only 15m Yagi needs more
work and is waiting for the end of winter on the ground.

Contest started fine. 15m was quite good on Saturday, but wasn't able to get
most of W7 and W0 states.
Hoped to do this on Sunday but 15m appeared to be total disaster then:
worse conditions and constant S5 noise (probably from power line) made it
unusable.
Tried couple of times but with little luck, only new mult was DC after QSYing
W3DQ from 20m - thanks!

10m opened a little bit only on Sunday.
Signals from USA big guns were at noise level, coming via skewed path.
Thanks to K3LR for QSYing me from 15m.

Finish was very slow but managed to reach 2600 QSO

Completely missed Canadian provinces: NF, LB, NT, YT, NU.

Thanks six band QSOs: K3LR, KC1XX, NQ4I, NR4M and W3LPL

Thanks to Kaz SP2FAX for giving me opportunity to operate his great station.

Radios:
FT1K (40m and 20m), K3 (other bands) and Semi-automatic PA's
EZMaster SO2R box

Antennas:
160m - vertical
80m -4SQ