[3830] ARRLDX CW CX5BW SOSB/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 21 05:36:35 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CX5BW
Operator(s): CX5BW
Station: CX5BW

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: URUGUAY

   15: 1676    59
Total: 1676    59  Total Score = 296,652

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Nice contest, unless i began very late, my first QSO were logged 17:35 Hs , As
the wind has caused some troubles into the rotator, and the 15m mono were
pointing to the south and do not turn...I have been calling to the towerman,
and he told me that it is working away and can't help me until the next
week...so i decide climb the tower, loose the antenna and turn it 180 deg by
hand. And do it, as during the morning were raining i must wait to early hours
in the afternoon(Best time for opening of propagarion...snif) to do the works.
When i was up the tower just began to rain again, hi,hi, but i finish ok, and
get tight the nuts into the antenna mast. happiness this contest it is only to
USA, and i pu my antenna to the middle of the states, it cause some problems
with stations on the east and west borders, some attenuation for miss
positioning of the antenna.
The band were sounding fine, no noise, really i can hear a pin falling into any
dx shack. Except some huge well known signals, almost all signals were really
small, but R 5 ,sometimes my ears jumps when i stay with the max volume doing
normal QSo and call some Huge s9 plus, hi,hi. During the early morning i look
over the bands and found all bands nice, the sun it is waking up from his long
sleep. Hope fix my antenna rotators for next contests,hi,hi. See you on the
bands,73