[3830] CQ160 CW J28AA(E70A) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 31 23:37:41 PST 2011

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: J28AA
Operator(s): E70A
Station: J28AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Djibouti

Total:  QSOs = 114  State/Prov = 0  Countries = 36  Total Score = 41,040

Club: Bosnia and Herzegovina Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first activity on the 160m in Djibouti.

I recently bought a 43ft S9V vertical antenna with an additional coil for 160m
with the intent to use it at Moucha Island AF-053. Going to Moucha island was
delayed, and I set up the antenna in the attic of the building where I live.
The lower part of the antenna with coil and two radials are located
approximately 3m below the metal roof and the rest 10m of antenna is threaded
through a hole in the roof.

Due to work commitments I was occasionally in the contest and logged 116 QSO's
with 2 dupes.

Stations UA5A and RL3A had to put on a blacklist because they are constantly
calling me and at all not listening. They do not allow exchanging reports with
other stations.
Because of them I could not confirm a contact with a few EU stations.

Used Elecraft K3, 90W with S9v 43ft vertical antenna.