[3830] IARU NG7Z SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 10 07:25:47 PDT 2011

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: WA

  160:    8             3       1
   80:   58             9       5
   40:  123             9      10
   20:  130            19      15
   15:   96             9       3
   10:   28             5      37
-------------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Due to a birthday party I was unable to play Saturday afternoon. So I didn't do
as well as I had hoped. Was dead tired Saturday evening so went to bed at 8:30
and got up at 1:30am to work the low bands. The bright spot was working W1AW/6
on all bands. Despite to low SFI, 10M came alive by 9am Sat and I had a great
run albeit only domestically. Working EU on 20M was like pulling teeth with
only the loud guys getting thru. But I don't know if that improved during the
afternoon. The log shows some EU after 7pm which is when I got back from the
party. Had one very interesting contact, actually two. I was running on 15M and
S&Ping on 10M. Had the second radio on K5TR who was running on 10M and I was
waiting for a break in my 15M run to call him. Much to my surprise he called me
on 15M and right after that QSO, I called him on 10M. He sent a "HI" and we
completed a cross band couplet.
So I failed to beat my score from last year which shows 12 hours and 175K
points. That invitation to the party came on Friday afternoon and being the
good husband that I am, I didn't make a scene. Anyhow, it was still an
enjoyable contest and I still have a target for next year.
73 Paul NG7Z