[3830] ARRL FD KT8K 1D LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 26 17:35:31 PDT 2011

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: 1D LP
QTH: en82cg SE Mich

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  414     0       0  Total Score = 1,514

It was so nice to be running 100W instead of my usual 5 (no benefit to QRP when
you are running 1D).  I had some great long runs and at one point saw the rate
meter above 160/hr!  Also very nice to be on 40m at 811Z and be called by
VK3TDX! Conditions were decent, and I had a good time in the <6.5 hours I could
spare from work and family. The Orion and wires in the trees did a great job for
me again. Next year, though ... Look Out!

Thanks and best reception to all, and to the ARRL for keeping this great
event/contest going. FD has been a major part of my ham radio fun since 1979.

... and for once I don't have to thank everyone for listening so hard for me.
I was happy to use the great "ears" in my Orion to work many 1B and 2B
operations, and it was a gas to feel like a big gun again!  I almost felt like
maybe I don't need that big tower after all ... (but I know I do -- please see
http://www.youtube.com/themandolinmaniac#p/u/9/uNWZjzrzgwA to enjoy my tale of
woe)     Best RX & 73 to all de kt8k - Tim