[3830] ARRLDX CW K7BG SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 1 22:01:47 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  84     35
   10:   7      3
-------------------
Total:  91     38  Total Score = 10,374

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Just played a little on the high bands. Not really into it. Lost my Dad earlier
in the week. He was a week shy of 91. He helped me set up my first station back
in high school. I came home one day from school and he'd dug the hole by hand to
put up my newly acquired HBX40 tower. Greater love hath no man. On top of it we
put a Gotham triband quad. The two of us hinged that thing up and down too many
times in efforts to repair the latest wind damage which was a frequent
occurrence  with that dang quad -- even after we beefed it up considerably.
Even though he never had a license he was the best tower crew I ever had. It
was the old Hallicrafters 38D he had acquired long before I (his 6th harmonic)
was born that got me excited about hamdom. RIP Pop, Thanks again for
everything. SK