[3830] Rus DX I4DZ(IK3QAR) SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 21 11:38:11 PDT 2011

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: I4DZ
Operator(s): IK3QAR
Station: IR4M

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Montecodruzzo
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   165             40        36
   80:   389             50        59
   40:   517             53        61
   20:   601             59        72
   15:   365             49        60
   10:   123             40        19
Total:  2160    0       291       307  Total Score = 8,811,530

Club: Romagna Contest Team

Comments:

Goal was to improve my 2010's score, and that was done. But the good points end
here.
With better conditions than last year i could have done even more. No doubt the
main problem with the score is a wrong balance between running and multiplier
chasing: too many multipliers missed, specially DXCCs... too bad!
A couple of problems in the shack on Saturday evening and Sunday morning didn't
help either, as i was forced to stop for about 40 minutes and that made me lose
the necessary concentration and somehow the initial motivation.

I4DZ is a short and fast call, but must be working better in SSB, as when
S&P'ing on CW often the other station couldn't get it correctly at first time.
Common answers after my call were "?", "IV?" "I4?", "DZ?", "IV6Z"(!) or even
complete silence :)

Thanks to the IR4M crew for the use of their contest station, specially to
Fulvio IK4MGP for the help in the setup and the hard work to repair just in
time two of the antennas who were broken after a recent snowstorm.

Congratulations to DL1IAO for the huge number of mults and to Matt IZ3EYZ for
the outstanding result from T70A.

Thank you all for the QSOs and competition, CW is alive and well.

See u next,
Paolo IK3QAR