[3830] SS CW WF7T Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 6 19:42:00 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I met my goals:  100K and a sweep.  Hit the 100K mark well before I had the last
section. Nebraska was found late on my last 40M sweep before I camped out on
80M. Finding NT and NL were not too tricky this year but a real treat in any
case. It was very great to hear so many familiar calls. Hey y'all!

I had dismal 15 and 10M antenna choices but 20M wasn't bad for a change.  I put
up an EDZ for the west coast last weekend and it played pretty well on 20M.
Wished many times for a rotatable gain antenna...maybe, someday.

The bands sounded pretty good albeit slightly noisy. I liked how short 20M was
especially on Sunday afternoon.

I was bothered by intermittent wide-band noise on 80 and 40M.  My special
thanks to operators who patiently waited at my request so we could finish the Q
(and be glad you didn't hear the string of profanity while I waited for the
noise to subside.) In fact, thanks to all who could pull my puny signal out of
the noise and for your patience with my stumbles.

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN

---

IC-7600 @ 100W
20M EDZ @ 25' (toward the West)
G5RV @ 40' (lotsa lobes on 15 and 10, none really pointing where I want them)
10M EDZ @ 35' (toward NE and next to worthless for the west coast!)
N1MM v11.11.0, YCCC SO2R+ (but no functioning second radio :(

---

Is there a Q-signal for a string of profanity?  If not there should be.