[3830] CQWW CW W7VV(@N9ADG) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 27 21:07:17 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7VV
Operator(s): W7VV K7BTW NG7Z K6SRZ N9ADG
Station: N9ADG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WWA

  160:   38    11       15
   80:  172    22       11
   40:  491    31      103
   20:  473    36      112
   15:  544    33      110
   10:  337    29       79

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Jordan the dog warmly greeted returning and new-to-here contesters this weekend
at N9ADG's location in Preston, Washington for a M/2 operation as W7VV. Running
two SteppIR beams (DB36 and 4 element), a vertical for 80m, and inverted L for
160, we were able to have fun & achieve a better score than last year.  In
addition to the usual W7VV, K7BTW, and N9ADG, Paul, NG7Z, and Alan, K6SRZ
stopped by for some operating on Saturday.

Conditions were good and bad -- 15m at 8am local on both days was like a candy
store -- practically anything that one could hear, one could work. 15m also
surprised in the afternoon with 'rabbit out of a hat' type EU contacts.
Contacts on 160m were a challenge due to a neighbor's plasma TV about 600'
away, but otherwise the band sounded great with little natural noise.

This contest revealed some RFI susceptibility in the computers and rig control,
as well as some operational areas that we should improve.

Special thanks for N9ADG's wife Caroline for allowing us to take over for yet
another weekend, and SteppIR for the loan of equipment.

Thanks for the contacts, see you again in the next one!