[3830] CaQP W6YX M/MSchool HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 3 17:35:41 PDT 2011

                    California QSO Party

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH, K6UFO, K2YY, ND2T, AG6FU, AA6XV
Station: W6YX

Class: M/MSchool HP
QTH: CA

--------------------
Total:  1754   2257  Mults = 58  Total Score = 567,008

First time above 4,000 QSOs!

We've been above 3,000 QSOs for four years now, but with the recent great
conditions, Mike N7MH thought we could do better than our usual two or three
transmitter operation. In the last week he pushed us to get seven transmitters
ready, and we had up to SIX operators a few times, although most often was only
two or three operators. We only had three amplifiers, and some transmitters were
only one mode. Conditions were not as good as last week, but we were pleased to
break 4,000 QSOs. The out-of-California participants certainly didn't have a
hard time finding or working us. The 5,000 QSOs level set by N6O (Congrats!)
will have to wait for another year...

We started with great rates of 280, 220, 220, but then it dropped, and the only
other highlight was a 300 rate at 03Z when we finally went to 80m. Sunday wasn't
as slow as might be feared, and 10m was surprisingly good with lots of SSB
activity.

W6YX Equipment:
Tribanders: Force 12 C-31XR at 60ft, Mosley Pro-67 at 50 ft
10m: 6 el yagi at 70 ft, 5-el at 30 ft
15m: 6 el yagi at 70 ft, 5 el yagi at 25 ft
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft, 5 el yagi at 36 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft, inverted vee at 50 ft
80m: two inverted vees at 50 ft
Beverage receiving antennas
Yaesu FT-1000MP, Yaesu FT-1000MkV
Elecraft K3, Icom 756Pro3, Icom 761, TenTec Omni 6
Alpha 86, Alpha 78, Ameritron AL-80A.
Writelog software