[3830] Makrothen RTTY IQ1RY(IW1AYD) SO/Multi Xcvr HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 10 15:18:17 PDT 2011

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: IQ1RY
Operator(s): IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: SO/Multi Xcvr HP
QTH: Bra
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1203  Total Score = 6,436,116

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Thanks to the whole IQ1RY team this was my first experience on “the line of
fight” with a SO2R setup. (Some mumbling by myself and then: “Well, it’s
wasn’t so bad looking from this side, so funny”.  The rules are really
simple and easy to acknowledge. The operating times are well displaced not to
build up more issues with heavy efforts for the single operator. What’s
better? Nothing from my point of view. Just having more experience from my side
would be better.
Several unknown calls will get their way into my call-unique file, great to see
new RTTY operators in this by law Digital appliances era. We aren't still all
assimilated. A good number of well known calls make me smiling at the screen,
no {NAMEANDSPACE} this time while SO2R. All of those calls have my thanks for
the  QSO’s.
N1MM performed very well, so the ICOM transceiver. Those filters macro are a
relief for me in S&P. Hey ICOM just a damned CAT command to get rid of the RIT,
pse, it would be a nice thing. Several time I forgot IT, now there is a sign
over the radios.
The second and smallest tower went trough a major reshuffling, rotor and main
tower leverage windings, all this in the first day afternoon, everybody worked
fast and well to have it back in shape well before 4:00 PM (16:00) UTC. I lose
some sleep. But everybody had worked very well, fast and securely, we
succeded.
Bands where quite strange, the latter 5 to 4 hours of the contest was a
nightmare by the  prop. By examples the 10m band was populated with 5 to 8
signals at a time all pegging the S meter well over S9 and quite nobody other,
calling there was calling nowhere.  Somebody was not in the contest. But was
nice to see for hours VU2KNS booming here, together with JY. So in the middle
of ours afternoon I went quite steady with the radios on 20m and 15m. Then I
was rattling with the second RTX, 15m at that time, all over the other bands to
gain a bunch of new QSO.  Great signal from US and elsewhere but no one calling
back on CQ. Several lowest, but not only those, signals coming from US have had
the characteristics tones rumblings as via long path, this during the whole
local afternoon on 20m.  Operation where somewhat slowed down during the last 8
hours time frame, the second half of that was really the hardest not only by the
tiring effort.
Anyway thanks to everybody and particularly to whom have had a QSO or have
frantically tried to have it with me for this nice first time experience.
A good experience to be done again soon.
TNX to the contest organizers for such a good thing and all their past and
future efforts.
                       73 de Salvo iw1ayd at iq1ry