[3830] CQWW SSB VE3HG SOSB/10 QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 04:42:02 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3HG
Operator(s): VE3HG
Station: VE3HG

Class: SOSB/10 QRP
QTH: ON

   10:  311    23       75

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Flex 1500 to Explorer at 16 meters at 5 watts on 10 meters was amazing. Reminded
me of the last cycle when I could work the world on 10 watts SSB mobile. Used
Logitalker voicekeyer which is essential for QRP as you're sending your
call...a lot. Band opened at 8am and stayed open for 12 hours both days with
signals as RZ says from 28.200 well into 29 mHz. QRP is fascinating. A clear
frequency and you can work VK at the noise level. As the band heats up
impossible to get heard over the rising noise floor and stronger signals even
though the guy is S9+10db.. Then there's the grayline :) Turned the beam to the
west at their sunset and worked KL, WH, JAs galore (often at S9), KG6 (first
call at sunset after calling for hours prior) with in the last hour 9M8 with
last Q with E51Z on South Cook (again who I'd been calling for hours). With
Flex didn't hear VA3EC 360 meters north of me unless he was within 5 kHz.