[3830] CQWW SSB 6Y9X(K1XM) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 05:18:42 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 6Y9X
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: 6Y9X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Jamaica

  160:    1     1        1
   80:  407    17       60
   40: 1275    24       86
   20:  720    29       77
   15: 1725    32      102
   10: 3224    26       92

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I had some vacation that I had to use or lose by the end of the year.  My wife
said I should go somewhere for the CQ phone.  Krassy, K1LZ, offered the use of
his fine station in Jamaica.

There were a couple problems - the 160 antenna was broken when I arrived and I
fixed it but it broke in a different place a couple hours before the contest.
I didn't have time to repair it again.  I made one QSO using it as a random
wire with about 50 watts.  And the second radio stopped transmitting a few
minutes before the contest so I was SO1R.

I mostly just ran people.  Some day maybe I'll learn how to operate phone.
Maybe but not probably.  Congrats to the North American stations who beat me,
which I'll guess includes VY2ZM and K1DG.

The practice contest was fun and I'm looking forward to the real event in
November.

Special thanks to Krassy for the use of the station and also to Dave, KY1V who
made it possible for an operator with no skill to make so many points.