[3830] OhQP K8MR Mobile LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Sep 2 11:55:45 PDT 2011

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR, W8KNO
Station: K8MR

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 27 Counties

   80:  126     22
   40:  504     67
   20:  159     36
--------------------
Total:  789    125  CW Mults = 79  Ph Mults = 58  Total Score = 233,311

Club: Portage County Amateur Radio Service

Comments:

By County, in order of appearance:

CTY    CW   SSB
COLU   33    0
JEFF   31    1
CARR   61   12
HARR   39    2
TUSC   21    2
GUER   33    3
BELM   35   11
MONR   55    9
NOBL   49    4
MUSK   28    1
MORG   41   14
PERR   26    8
ATHE   26    4
HOCK   53   12
FAIR   11    7
LICK   38    8
DELA   10    0
KNOX   20    1
MORR   21    5
RICH   19    2
ASHL   28    0
WAYN   19    0
MEDI   16    0
SUMM   25    1
PORT   19    3
MAHO   25    1
TRUM   19    1

TOT   789   125

SPC    37    25
CTY    42    33     137 Mults    233,311

A beautiful day to be driving around Ohio. We did think about those further
east being hit by Hurricane Irene, and noticed the effect. No qsos in New
Jersey (along with other more commonly missed places).

With my recent drivers W8DRZ and AC8E unavailable, I found a new volunteer in
Joe, W8KNO. He passed the test well, and even got bonus points for getting us
back to our starting rendezvous point at 0359Z, by far the closest timing ever
for a K8MR mobile trip.

It was very nice to have good short skip conditions after years of being unable
to work other Ohio stations on 40 meters. 15 seemed open, but couldn't raise any
activity the few times I tried, and the only attempted QSY, well after dark with
W6OAT, did not work.

Only technical problems were breaking the boom mike off the Heil headset,
requiring an electrical tape job, and a first time computer that several times
developed sticky CW, even though it was running NA on a pure DOS 6.22 HDD.

As always a lot of fun. Thanks to all who participated. I expect to be out for
at least one day in the Pennsylvania QSO Party in October. See you then.

73  -   Jim  K8MR