[3830] SAC CW N3RD SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 18 06:09:16 PDT 2011

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: N3RD
Operator(s): N3RD
Station: N3RD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EPA

Total:  358   108  Total Score = 53,136

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

In setting up for this contest, I discovered that lightning had damaged a bit of
stuff in the shack, as well as relay switching outdoors.  After repairing the
affected gear, but after dark, I found that the 20/40/80 rotator was also
damaged, with the yagis stuck due east.  In the afternoon, I climbed to the
rotator, loosened the clamp, and pointed the 20/40 to Scandanavia, but that
unfortunately put the tip of the 80m rotary dipole in that direction, so there
was no 80m to be had this time around.  Sunday morning was spent catching up to
a certain extent on 20m Qs missed Saturday.

It's great to see all the stations on during SAC, as it really does seem to
bring out the "activity".

73 - Dave N3RD