[3830] SAC CW OG5A M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 19 12:52:07 PDT 2011

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OG5A
Operator(s): OH5TS,OH5UX,OH5VM,OH5XX
Station: OG5A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Hamina

Total: 1935   221  Total Score = 943,670

We set up a two transmitter station in the Gun Powder Cellar, a 350
years old building in the Hamina Bastion. The station operated already
on Friday during the Night of Lights with open doors. We had some 200
visitors during that night. On Saturday noon local time we had the
Club's 50th anniversary party. The contest started right after the
celebration. Our super contest station had a 12 m tower with a 6 el
log periodic antenna for 10 to 20 m, another 12 m tall mast for a
40/15 m inverted v and a 80/20 m dipole hung in betweeb the two poles.
In order to eliminate any possible aurora problem during the contest
we fixed four fluorescent light tubes to the ends of the 80 m dipole.
Looking the results that really worked. Station 1 had a FT1000mp with
a Drake L4B amp running 700 w out and station 2  had in Icom 756pro II
with a 500 w amp. All in all, a very nice way to celebrate the 50th
anniversary of the club.