[3830] NAQP CW K8BL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 5 18:00:09 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

  160:    0     0
   80:   10     8
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  310    98  Total Score = 30,380

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: NCC Team #2

Comments:

Managed to get in a few hours between Family doings.

My objective was to work 100 Q's on each Band I operated on in the time
available. Unfortunately, 10 was pretty sparse so I skipped that one. By
the time I got to 80 the QRN was unbearable. The few Q's I made required
too many repeats which became frustrating for both me and the other stations
so I threw in the towel. The WX Radar showed a big ugly blog heading my
way and that sealed my decision to QRT and pull the antennas.

Glad to see lots of activity for this Contest. It's an interesting twist
to copy names versus the typical numbers and you really have to pay attention
since some unexpected ones come your way. Looking at the Bandscope, there
weren't an abundance of open freqs.