[3830] NAQP SSB KK7PR(@K7ZS) M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 19 13:49:31 PDT 2012

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KK7PR
Operator(s): K7ZS,N7BEF,KI7Y,KE7AUB
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OR

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  641   133  Total Score = 85,253

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Our traditional Season Opener for the PDXRCC (Portland Radio Contester Club)

Well, it seems only 1 year ago we had 10 METERS and 15 METERS wide open, right?
 Wow, what a letdown!  We spent our obligatory 10 minutes on 10 meters when it
should be open - NADA!

15 meters was just DEAD, but where else are you going to go during the first 6
hours of the contest, so we kept at it.

20 meters was noisy, but redeemed itself towards sunset and until nearly 10 PM
with a decent rate and a quieter band

40 meter played well once the sun set, and 75 meters was typical here with only
a 1/4 sloper for that band.

BUT, enough sniveling!  Our group always enjoy operating together, and this
event was no different!

Thanks to Steve, Jim and Andy for always being here for our operating events,
and sticking with it when the rate was awfully slow! (In truth, we did take a
few breaks though!) Great to have Bob WA6NFJ stop by!

Looking forward to 2012 - 2013 contest season!

73 Kevin K7ZS for the PDXRCC