[3830] ARRL 10 CE1/K7CA SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 10 08:27:06 EST 2012

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: CE1/K7CA
Operator(s): CE1/K7CA
Station: CE1/K7CA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Huasco

   CW: 1300   154
  SSB:  297    83
-------------------
Total: 1597   237  Total Score = 1,373,178

First time trying mixed operation.  I'm not much of an SSB operator.  One
station commented that he thought I did not even own a microphone and he was
almost right.  I set up a complete small second station just for SSB but did
not spend a lot of time on it.  In fact, more than 1 of 4 stations worked was a
multiplier on SSB but my throat was getting sore calling cq so couldn't spend
much time on the SSB station. I should have recorded a CQ.  Conditions were
much worse than last year judging from the pileups which were not very large
like last year but it seemed that signal levels from Europe and USA and Japan
were as good. Maybe they just seemed loud because compared to signals on 160
with the summer QRN down here anything on 10m above the background noise of s0
seems like it is next door. Hope to see you all in the Stew Perry contest in a
couple of weeks.  73, Al CE1/K7CA
CW station:
K3, Titan amp 1200W, homebrew 5 el 27 ft boom up 25 feet.
SSB station:
K3, AL-572 amp 700W, 3 el Steppir yagi up 20 feet.
N1MM software in SO2R configuration which really works great (however, there is
a bug in the multiplier window)