[3830] CQ160 CW AB2E Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Feb 2 19:57:09 PST 2012

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NJ

Total:  QSOs = 417  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 29  Total Score = 133,728

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Icom 756 Pro III/Acom 2000A
Antenna: Inverted L (60ft vertical), no beverages.

Thanks to all who called in. Could not operate until Sat evening, which proved
to be lucky considering all the reports I'm reading of how bad the band was on
Friday night. Seemed to run out of US stations to work around 0800GMT. Seemed
to be a lot more US activity in ARRL 160 back in Dec. Missed ND, AK, HI, and
DC, and VE4, VE8. Many EU stations were close to a true S5-7 and a few big guns
S9 on the L and easy copy.

Highlights:
Almost 90 10-point EU stations answered my CQ! Felt like a "big gun".
Worked HK0NA in the contest, very nice of them to take the time to operate it.

CU in 160SSB in a couple weeks!
73 Darrell AB2E