[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Feb 2 20:00:41 PST 2012

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 3

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   3      1
   80:   8      5
   40:  12      9
   20:  17     10
Total:  40     25  Total Score = 1,000

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My goal tonight was 2,000 points... I made exactly half of that ;-(

HORRIBLE does not come close to describing the morass of effluent on 40m
tonight.  Not just the RTTY crap, but a solid carrier on 7.040 and intentional
strings of dits QRM on me during 2 QSOs that necessitated repeats.

Umh, why in the heck don't the RTTY DX stations go UP - UP - UP into the RTTY
portion of the band... like about 7070 to 7090 or something?  #&^!

I put the 40m problem in the same bag with the out-of-turn-caller LID problem
in the DX-Pileups.

On the positive side, it was great to hear the Booga-Meister (JimTX/N3BB) back
in the NS Saddle again.  Nice showing tonight from the Texas boys who are
obviously getting pumped up for the CW SPRINT this weekend.

Bah Humbug ;-(

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust