[3830] ARRLDX CW N3QE SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 17:22:16 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MD

  160:    6     6
Total: 1042   307  Total Score = 959,682

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

After using reversebeacon spots in a couple smaller regional events earlier this
year that allowed spotting... I jumped in the deep end with the intention of
picking up new DXCC entities on 10 and 80 to get me over the ever-shrinking
hump into 5BDXCC. I picked up several on 10 but I don't think I got any new on
80.

10 was not very impressive. Some powerhouse Euro stations but otherwise just
NA/SA... and Hawaii.

Highlights:

Didn't run for the first 24 hours... just S&P mostly creeping up and down the
bands with the aid of spots from reversebeacon.

160 had some carribean/central america the first night. Second and third
night... the goggles did nothing!

Eric teaching me that I oughta run on 20 helped a lot on Sunday. Instead of
prowling around 40 and 80 looking for Asia/Pacific, I went straight to 20 in
the morning and worked europe for several hours.

15 was really very very good. To Europe most of the AM, and in the late
afternoon the JA's were real easy... I don't think I'd ever seen it so good.

Oh, in trying to run on 40 Sunday night I got run off maybe a dozen different
frequencies by their "owners":-). Not that running there was that
productive???!!