[3830] ARRLDX CW N3UM SOSB/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:34:35 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: MD

Total:  171    47  Total Score = 24,111

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Again this year as in 2011 a visiting granddaughter and
a Fri. concert limited my operating time to a few dark hours,
so again I enjoyed doing 80 m. only.  Claimed 21 more
QSOs but the same no. of mults, 47, as last year, for a
14% higher claimed score in 4.5 vs 3.8 hours operating.
Conditions were OK to EU, where I made 84% of my
QSOs.  Countries with 17 to 10 QSOs, in descending
order: DL, OK, G, UR, SP, and UA.  Heard NO Scandanavians:
no SM, LA, OZ, TF, or OH.  First night in limited time I
made 51 QSOs in 34 countries, fast S & P.  Second night
I was able to run at 60/hr for a short while, but most
casual ops reporting 100 W. sensibly went to bed soon
after 03 Z.  Not being able to stay up for EU sunrise, I
just found a few more S & P QSOs and quit at 0430 Z.