[3830] ARRLDX CW W7WHY SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:39:50 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Coos Bay, OR

Total:  300   146  Total Score = 131,400

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was a S&P ratefest this weekend.  Condtions were actually a lot better than
I thought it would be with the flux at 104.  I made an effort to work as many
mults as possible.  Just about every other Q was a mult and that was fun.

I still get a kick out of the packet pileups.  I was tuning the band and found
goodies like 9V1, BD7, 6V7, (all not spotted yet) calling CQ with few callers
and a KL7 or KH6,(spotted) up above them with about 50 packet pileup callers
:-)

Had to use low power on 15 and 10 as the amp don't work right ont hose bands.

All and all it was a lot of fun for the time I was on. 73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT + SB-200 ~300 watts
Radio 2  TS-450SAT

80 meter dipole, 40 meter vertical, HB 2 el 20 meter monobander, 15 meter
dipole at 15 feet, HB 2 el 10 meter monobander at 15 feet.