[3830] ARRLDX CW TF3W(TF3CW) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 20 03:10:51 PST 2012

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: TF3W
Operator(s): TF3CW
Station: TF3W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Iceland

  160:    2     2
   15: 1134    59
Total: 2674   243  Total Score = 1,949,346

Another great CW contest is over....This time I used our club station QTH and
callsign. The setup is very modest, a SteppIR for 10,15,20. Verticals for 40,
80 and 160.

Propagation was very interesting. Saturday was very good, but come sunday, good
old Sun threw us a giant cloud of particles, killing all bands for many hours,
and the bands never recovered after that. 80% of the Qs were made on
sunday.....tells the whole story.

10 meters opened again after it closed, at 2200 local time on saturday, giving
us many needed mults from the West coast.

The cluster spot pileups were brutal, as everyone seemed to be zero-beat, this
slowed the rate some....

Thanks for all the Qs....See you in the SSB part....
Siggi TF3CW