[3830] CQ160 SSB ED1R Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 26 16:30:19 PST 2012

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: ED1R
Operator(s): EA1CJ, EC1KR, EC1KD, EC4DX
Station: ED1R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AVILA

Total:  QSOs = 407  State/Prov = 21  Countries = 54  Total Score = 156,225

Club: Radio Club Henares

Comments:

Very poor propagation, noise loud and constant, weak signals impossible to hear
weaker stations with our receive 4 way antennas.

We started calling in Run 30min and looking S/P other 30min (with this system
was the best rate/time of last years in 160m band) The first night was barely
conditions with NA and the Caribbean, unlike K1LZ, VY2ZM, N2CW and K3ZM coming
very strong throughout the Contest. At dawn we try to work but only got several
mults XE1RCS, very few stations from UY and RA, no UA9, no Multi AF (only
CT3DL).

On Saturday after lunch debating whether to withdraw, we are very discouraged
with the poor propagation of the first night, we thought we were removing all
operators and many less serious work, but finally decided to do the second
night between 2 ops and treat Scratch a little band, EC2DX informed us their
bad impression of the first night, which confirmed that the conditions were
very bad from EA. Finally we chose to collect part of the installation to ease
disassembly, leaving only 2 beverages EU / NA and continue the Contest, at
sundown Run a good with EU stations, working weak signals impossible to hear
the first night working as some mults TF3SG or OD5NJ among others. Around 01.30
UTC started working NA listen to stations and complete statements stronger,
hardly work in Run NA stations, most of them in S/P and callin him long time.
More distant states was NM and TX. Thanks to the mult EA8ZS unique EA8 heard
and worked. At dawn several Caribbean Mults C6AMN, FM5CD, NP4A, ZF2AM, with
KV4FZ no such luck, listened a minute, then lost.

On Sunday, we proceeded to dismantle the entire beverages and the half of
radials of our antenna, once we was immersed in the Contest decided to finish
it, and we didnt care to follow a few hours more, looking for a new mults,
thanks OE2S call us that was our first and only OE :-)

Congratulations to our friends of ED5M Team for the nice Score, well done
guys.

Overall a contest to forget about the bad results, at least very good company
of friends who have joined together for the season. Our philosophy of doing
radio, eat and have fun continues. Visit the station: DH1TW, EA1AR, EA1ASC,
EA1CJ, EC1KR, EC1KD, EA4TD, EA4GEL and EC4DX

See you the next Contest. 73

ED1R â€" Team CQ 160M SSB 2012
Ops. EA1CJ, EC1KR, EC1KD, EC4DX

Yaesu FT1000MP-MKV + Alpha 91B