[3830] CQ160 SSB WA2JQK Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 26 16:33:01 PST 2012

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WA2JQK
Operator(s): WA2JQK
Station: WA2JQK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY

Total:  QSOs = 230  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 5  Total Score = 22,352

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Friday Night  was a problem for everyone...and certainly  when you are running
low power...

I heard High power stations having problems hearing each other...So many had
problems with me..with my running  less than a 100 watts..

Saturday night had less QRN  but at 0730 utc  the bearing in my VFO in the rig
seized up.... After an hour of surgery and tuner spray..and a replacement
knob..
I operated for about an hour more...but sleep became a priority...

Thanks to all that struggled to hear my low power signal ...
73 Bob de WA2JQK